As a leading E&P private equity firm, Trace Capital is dedicated to creating value for our investors through differentiated, opportunistic exploration and production investing. We invest across the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry, including in conventional and unconventional plays, onshore and offshore, in North America and internationally. We target investments in all stages of the E&P life cycle, from exploration and early development to more mature, producing assets.
The exploration and production (E&P) industry is one of the world’s most essential and vital industries. It is responsible for finding, extracting, and delivering natural resources to consumers all over the globe. Without it, our way of life would be drastically different. The exploration and production (E&P) industry work like this:
- First, E&P companies find oil and gas reserves. They do this through seismic surveys, drilling, and other methods.
- Once they have found a reserve, they then extract the oil and gas from the ground. This is done using various methods, including traditional drilling, hydraulic fracturing (“fracking”), and other techniques.
- Finally, they transport the oil and gas to consumers. This is done through a network of pipelines, tanker trucks, and other means of transportation.
E&P companies are typically large, multinational corporations. They have operations all over the world and employ thousands of people. The E&P industry has come a long way in recent years. Technological advances have made it possible to find and extract oil and gas from places that were once thought to be inaccessible. This has led to an increase in global energy production and has helped reduce energy prices for consumers around the world. Despite these advances, there are still many challenges facing the E&P industry. Low commodity prices, geopolitical instability, and environmental regulations are just a few of the factors that can impact success in this sector.
Why E&P Companies Work with Private Equity Firms
The exploration and production (E&P) industry has seen significant growth in recent years, leading to an increased demand for capital. Private equity firms have been quick to fill this need by providing E&P companies with the funding they need to expand their operations. There are several advantages that E&P companies can gain from working with private equity firms:
- An E&P private equity firm can provide E&P companies with the capital they need to expand their operations. This can help them grow their businesses and become more successful.
- An investment firm E&P can help companies reduce costs and improve operating efficiency. This can help them become more profitable and enable them to compete better in the marketplace.
- An E&P capital growth firm can provide E&P companies with access to new markets and opportunities. This can help them grow their businesses and increase their revenues.
- Improve their management skills and operations. This can help them become more successful in the long run.
How Trace Capital Stands Apart as an E&P Growth Capital Firm
Trace Capital Management is a proven and pragmatic E&P private equity Houston firm. Trace Capital Management currently manages funds with invested and committed capital of over $1.4 billion. We provide energy entrepreneurs and growing businesses with the means and broad support necessary to deliver tangible energy returns. We work with management teams to identify and unlock the value in each company by developing and executing a business plan that will drive returns.
Unlike many other firms, we deeply understand the E&P business, having invested over $3 billion in more than 30 companies since our inception. We are committed to being a trustworthy investment firm E&P partners with our portfolio companies, and our team takes an active role in working with management to drive value creation.
In addition to our investments in traditional E&P companies, we have also made significant investments in energy services, oilfield services, midstream businesses, and more. As a leading E&P capital growth firm, our focus on these subsectors is a result of our deep understanding of the energy industry and our belief that these businesses offer attractive opportunities for growth.
Contact Trace Capital To Learn More
We are a growth-oriented firm, and our goal is to help our portfolio companies achieve their full potential. We are proud of our track record of delivering solid returns to our investors, and we are committed to continuing to do so in the future. If you are looking for an E&P private equity firm that can provide you with the capital and support you need to grow your business, contact Trace Capital today. We would be happy to discuss our investment strategy with you and answer any questions you may have.
700 Louisiana St, Ste 3700
Houston, TX 77002
"*" indicates required fields